06 May 2009

New Shirts

We continue down the slippery slope:

I recently bought a few T-shirts here in Miyako that feature some mean Engrish. Shirts that feature Engrish are a dime-a-dozen in Asia, but I think the ones I found stand out as being extremely poetic or extremely relevant. To me. Thus, the contents of these shirts:

(1) PAINT FAME
Can you hear - footsteps of the future.
Listen for paradise.
Sound evolves one step further.
Sound is life.
I hear nostalgic sounds.

Graphic T's in the States are simple affairs with a setup and a punchline. In Japan we wear cinquains.

(2) A NEW TYPE GOOD TASTE

Man, can't even argue with that one.

Finally, my favorite:

(3) LEARNING IS WORK
THERE ARE SOME THINGS WE MUST KNOW IS THERE ANYONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW THAT?
I WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING

A shirt after my own heart, I suppose.